Online marketing is part of many companies’ marketing strategies, due to its relative affordability and the potential to reach audiences of millions of people in a matter of hours. The sheer scale of the internet (and how we use it) can be practically impossible to comprehend. Irish Telecom has tried to make the numbers understandable by asking: what happens in an internet second? Here are some of the answers…
- 8,195 Tweets are published
- 1,558 Instagram photos are uploaded
- 1,626 Tumblr posts are created
- 54,806 Likes on Facebook
- 197 votes cast on Reddit
Social media is popular, but it’s only when you start to look at these numbers that you realise how much use it gets on a daily basis. Internet Live Stats compiles these figures for the past 24 hours. At the time of writing, 459 million Tweets have been sent in the past day.
Communication and media
- 1,611 Skype calls started
- 2,355,911 emails sent
- 1,298 Android apps downloaded
- 666 iOS apps downloaded
- 405 hours watched on Netflix
- 1,120 hours of Pandora Music is listened to.
- 92,841 videos watched on YouTube
- 46,701 Google searches.
Even when the figures are cut down to a single second, they’re still huge. 130 billion emails have been sent in the past 24 hours.
Latest posts by Ian Kirk (see all)
- Marketing Strategies: The Ultimate Benefits of Positioning - October 21, 2019
- Measurable Marketing Seminar featured at Networking and Know-How Event - October 21, 2019
- How New Technology is Reshaping Your Marketing Strategies - October 2, 2019