Below are the top 5 marketing tips for November 2010 – simple tips to help you improve the effectiveness of your marketing.
1. Set some objectives – so many businesses fail in their marketing activity because they do not have a clear idea of what they are trying to achieve. Every single piece of communication should have a clear objective in mind before the design process even starts. How can you measure whether something has been a success if it never had an objective.
2. Think about the client – too many companies focus on themselves and what they do rather than what they can do for their clients and the benefits they offer. Concentrate on the end result of what you do – not the actual process or product.
3. Identify your key target markets – don’t ‘target anyone who purchases…”. The translation of this is “I do not target anyone”. Understand where your best opportunities lie and then target these sectors accordingly! How can you hit your targets if you don’t know where you are aiming?
4. Keep it simple – the majority of the human race like simplicity. Information we can easily absorb and understand is far more like to produce the desired result. No Jargon, no ‘War and Peace’, just good all plain English and a good image can speak a thousand words.
5. If you don’t know what your customers are thinking – ask them! Too many businesses waste thousands of pounds on marketing communications with messages that they think their prospective customers want to hear but have done so on assumption. Survey your customers, conduct some market research, ask them what drives their purchasing decision – with this information you armed to generate a far greater return on investment.
Latest posts by Ian Kirk (see all)
- Why ROI is key to Marketing Strategy (and how to influence it) - May 15, 2019
- Why a marketing audit is such a powerful investment - March 21, 2019
- The Secret to Keeping Customers Smiling - January 30, 2019